Old January 30th 10, 09:21 PM
DennyL DennyL is offline
Junior Member

Question Advice needed on getting last train

It has happened to me that I've know the time of the last train but, when I get to the station in good time, the station seems closed (grids pulled across entrances). Last week I went to Leicester Square station at about 12:15 and both the entrances facing each other on Charing Cross Road were closed. I walked to Piccadilly Circus and the station entrance near to Eros had its grid pulled to leaving a gap about one foot wide. I went down to the Piccadilly line Westbound and there were trains due in 2 and 9 minutes. So my question is: how does one get the last train? Does one need to know which station entrance has been left open? Where does one get this information?

I assume it takes a certain amount of time to clear the station of passengers after the last train, and the station must be left open until the last passenger has left. Surely this means that the station is open until after the last train.

If anyone has any comments, knowledge or advice I would be really grateful.