Old January 30th 10, 08:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport,uk.railway
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default Conflict of Oyster Cards

On Fri, 29 Jan 2010, CJB wrote:

Recently I obtained a Hillingdon Community Services card which doubles
as a Library user's card. And put it into the same card wallet as my
Oyster card - in which I also keep my bank card. Suddently my Oyster
card stopped working on trains and buses, and even the Heathrow Connect
portable validators wouldn't recognise it - to considerable
embarrasment. The culprit was the Hillingdon Community Services card -
which seems to use the same technology as Oyster and was causing a
confict. An irritation 'cos now I have to keep them in separated. CJB.

My entry card at UCL was the same. I asked my building manager about it,
and he said that it was okay if i tapped my Oyster on the building reader,
as long as i remembered to touch out later. He had a *very* good straight
face.

tom

--
I know thats not really relevant but I've just typed the words and my
backspace key doesn't work. -- phorenzik