Old January 31st 10, 12:23 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Conflict of Oyster Cards

In article ,
(Peter Masson) wrote:

"Paul Terry" wrote

It seems astonishing that the testing went so smoothly,
especially given that the cards have only a single chip that can
hold both Oyster and ITSO data (two chips on one card was deemed
too expensive). But I guess that the Freedom Pass is a very
simple implementation of Oyster, and I doubt that the ITSO part
has been tested at all, given that the only working ITSO ticket
scheme I know of is on Blackpool Borough Council buses!

Presumably London buses will be able to read bus passes issued
outside London.

I don't think they can yet. At least they couldn't read mine.

--
Colin Rosenstiel