Old January 31st 10, 01:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Clive Page[_4_] Clive Page[_4_] is offline

Default Super off-peak Travelcard won't operate gates at many stations

In message , Paul Corfield
writes
If you do decide to complain I think you should ask a pointed question
about the basis of NR ticket gating and ensuring there is a properly
controlled and integrated system of ticket issuing, ticket coding,
ticket reading, ticket interpretation and finally ticket rewriting and
final validation. I am not up to date so I may be wrong but I am not

Paul

Thanks for your suggestions. I have complained to the 3 TOCs involved
(so far) and await replies. Your questions are very cogent, and I'll
use them in follow-ups.

portion of it is used for NR journey checking. I believe the TOCs
"botch" their checking around what is encoded on the LUL portion of the
stripe.

I hadn't realise that the system was as badly botched as you suggest, I
thought it was perhaps just another tiny bit of FCC incompetence.

industry wide issues. If you do get a response then I would love to
read it on here - assuming you are willing to share it.

Of course.

--
Clive Page