Old February 1st 10, 09:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Batman55 Batman55 is offline

Default Freedom Pass "Expiring Soon"

"John Ray" wrote in message
On 01/02/2010 16:41, martyn dawe wrote:
On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 21:25:04 -0000, Jim Brittin
[wake up to reply] wrote:

In articlerdWdnfCL4eUXe_jWnZ2dnUVZ8nKdnZ2d@giganews. com, john0001
@REMOVETHISBITjray.org.uk.invalid says...
For about the last three weeks, when entering or leaving a NR or LT
station, I usually (but not always) get a message to the effect that my
Freedom Pass will soon expire. As it is dated 31 March it seems a bit
early to give such a warning. Is it possible that I have a problem with
my card and it will stop working before the due date?

I just took it to be a reminder to apply for the new one [which I have
done].

I still meet people who don't know about having to renew with photos.

if you look on the freedom pass web site , u will find the renewal
process has changed, because of a new type of pass for the national
busses concession scheme , U have to take your pass and a new photo to
the post office, they then send it off to be scanned , it will take
about 10 days to receive the new pass.

I did know about the photo requirement, having had a letter from the
Council about a month ago which detailed the procedure. I had however
forgotten that the renewal dates were imminent, which is why, no doubt, I
was getting the warning messages. Anyway, I downloaded the form and took
it with ID etc and a photo to the Post Office this afternoon. Thanks to
all for the advice.

--
John Ray

I did the same, but the queue was so long (even longer than pre-Christmas)
that I gave it up as a bad job. Try again tomorrow maybe.

MaxB