Old February 2nd 10, 08:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default Long DLR Train

On 30 Jan, 17:00, Mizter T wrote:
On Jan 30, 1:04*pm, Paul Corfield wrote:

On Sat, 30 Jan 2010 04:25:57 -0800 (PST), MIG
wrote:

This morning I've seen a three-unit train running on the DLR, with the
designation "Special", in between other services.

(Am I the only one having trouble perceiving the "articulated
vehicles" as anything other than units of two coaches?)

No you're not! Wonder if there's anyone who thinks the trains are
about to get 25% smaller!

Presumably it is some kind of test run. *The one I saw was made up of
the new units.

Probably heading for the possession area to test the signalling at Royal
Mint St junction as well as line into and out of Bank. *All supposed to
reopen on Monday with three unit trains being phased into service after
that.

More info here at the "DLR Press Room":http://pressroom.dlr.co.uk/news/details.asp?id=220

With the exact same press release available at the main TfL "New
centre":http://www.tfl.gov.uk/corporate/medi...tre/14063.aspx

Have the DLR actually got their own PR operation or not? The contact
details shown at the end of the press release on the DLR site are the
main TfL press office, but that doesn't in and of itself mean
anything. Plus I thought that DLR did have its own people (and they
were DLRL as opposed to Serco Docklands).

Anyhow, that's all by the by. I see that the Director of DLR, Jonathan
Fox, says "[...] I'm confident our Bank passengers will really notice
the difference at the new and improved platforms". They weren't all
that scrubby were they - they're pretty new, after all!

They've got benches now (on both platforms). If they weren't added in
the last few weeks, they were certainly added relatively recently.
The lack of anywhere to sit made Bank particularly uncivilised, I
thought.