Old January 10th 04, 08:29 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Malcolm Stewart Malcolm Stewart is offline

Default Milton Keynes - a choice of two operators

"Cameron Davies" wrote in message
om...
I travelled from Milton Keynes to Euston earlier. I was astounded by
the range of tickets on offer - I had the option on travelling in

As a long time Milton Keynes resident, when I visit London or B'ham
International* I never bother to check on train times. I simply find a free
parking place (getting more difficult, but I have strong principles against
paying for parking in MK), walk to station and get the next SL train. Same on
return, get to Euston (or B'ham Intl) and walk on to the next SL train listed on
the departure board. I rarely need to wait more than 15 minutes.
It's a different situation with respect to what used to be InterCity used by my
relatives when visiting me. Services to and from the Fylde Coast & Manchester
areas became so completely unreliable (frequent 2-3 hour delays) that several
years ago we moved to travelling by car, and haven't regretted it.
*Frequently my tickets for exhibitions at the NEC offer free parking, and that
is quite attractive versus the daily charges near MK station.
--
M Stewart
Milton Keynes, UK