Old February 3rd 10, 06:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london
lonelytraveller lonelytraveller is offline

Default Old photos of Euston

On 3 Feb, 19:31, "
wrote:
On 03.02.10 19:08, lonelytraveller wrote:

On 3 Feb, 17:04, Neil *wrote:
On Feb 3, 5:56 pm, lonelytraveller

*wrote:
That would be fairly unique - the vents are in the middle of the
platform, and there are two of them, so unlike all other bridges over
the tracks on island platforms on deep tubes, the bridge structure
must actually have been visible from the platforms.

I think there are others that are visible, but I forget where.

Neil

The only tube island platforms I know of are Angel, Euston, Stockwell,
Clapham North, and Clapham Common.

Angel, Stockwell, Clapham North, and Clapham Common, all only had
access, when it was an island, to the end of the platform, admittedly
with the stairs visibly coming down, but you didn't see the bridge
itself.

But at Euston, in addition to the comparatively well-known exit at the
west end, there must have been two bridge things half way along - to
match up with those vent/corridors.

I'd love to see a picture of that - it must have looked quite
peculiar, (for a tube platform).

When was Angel station rebuilt?

In the late 90s. When the economy was fine. Hence the marble-style
platforms.