Old February 3rd 10, 10:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Clive Page[_4_] Clive Page[_4_] is offline

Default When is a travelcard not a travelcard?

In message ,
writes
At some point since I wrote this they seem to have changed the barriers at
King's Cross. They now return London Terminals tickets, I was told by a
staff member when I asked to retain my ticket by him opening the gate as I
have since last year. When I put my ticket in this morning, it was indeed
returned to me.

There is a similar, but worse situation at St.Pancras if you arrive from
some point further north with a ticket to "London Thameslink" - this is
valid as far as London Bridge or Elephant and Castle. The barriers at
St.Pancras Lower Level return your ticket so you can continue your
journey (even though when the Thameslink route through Farringdon is
open you'd be unlikely to want to exit there if continuing, unless
making a break of journey), whereas those at St.Pancras Upper Level eat
such tickets (even though you might well want to switch to a train from
the lower level to continue your journey). Joined-up thinking - not.

--
Clive Page