Old January 10th 04, 12:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Kat Kat is offline

Default being let through barriers with an Oyster, a couple of Qs

In message , Phil
writes
Kat wrote in message
In message ,
writes

No, 26 wouldn't take anything from your Pre Pay

c) or could I have got back out of Leicester Square with no charge?

Yes.

Absolute rubbish at Greenford at least

Yesterday at Greenford went in to station, swiped card in a fit of
stupidity cause i really wanted a one day travelcard and came out
again
Barrier opened but said seek assistance
£1.00 was deducted from my pre pay Ticket office staff said write in
but when I got back in evening Station Supervisor recredited my pound
Have you actually tried this is is your statement true sometimes but
not at others?

Phil Confused !

Look Phil Confused, I can only tell you what's happening from my own
experience..

People go in and out all the time for various reasons. It may depend on
the time interval. You need to take note of the error code on the POD
It may also depend on whether you have a season ticket on your Oyster. I
assume that you haven't or buying a Travel Card would not have been an
issue; the original poster had a 7 day 1/2 Oyster IIRC
--
Kat Me, Ambivalent? Well, yes and no.