Old February 5th 10, 11:15 AM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default London Travelwatch on OEPs

I hadn't noticed this. Not mincing words.

http://www.londontravelwatch.org.uk/news.php?id=700

"Scrap OEPs now, says watchdog

London TravelWatch has called for the Oyster Extension Permits to be
scrapped.

Oyster Extension Permits, which were introduced by train companies
last week when Oyster Pay As You Go became available on national rail
services (successfully), are needed every time a passenger with a
zonal ticket on an Oystercard travels outside of their normal zones on
the railway.

Sharon Grant, Chair, London TravelWatch, said: “We are concerned that
passengers will be liable for penalty fares or fines as the permits
are difficult to understand and difficult to buy. Oyster PAYG is a
useful, convenient way of getting around London, but these permits are
the reverse of useful and convenient.”

Oyster Extension Permits have been hard for passengers to buy at
ticket machines, owing to technical problems for some train operators
and London TravelWatch has heard reports that not all train companies
are even enforcing them as they are so utterly bewildering for
passengers.

Sharon Grant, Chair, London TravelWatch said: “The Oyster Extension
Permit was a bad idea which is unnecessarily complicated, and it
should be dumped as soon as possible.”"