Old February 5th 10, 08:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default London Travelwatch on OEPs

In article
,
(Mizter T) wrote:

I'm still struggling to envisage a typical journey which both requires
an OEP and starts at an NR station.

Really? You said something similar in another thread. In that case I
think you're being completely devoid of any imagination, to be blunt!

Ok, Forest Hill (z3) to East Croydon (z5) - pax holds a z1-3
Travelcard for their commute into town (train to London Bridge then
Tube), but they want to go to Croydon to do some shopping.

Westcombe Park (z3) to Charing Cross (z1) - pax holds a z2&3
Travelcard for their commute to Canary Wharf (train and DLR), but they
want to head into town.

Putney (z2/3) to Richmond (z4) - pax holds a z1&2 Travelcard for their
commute into town (train to Waterloo then W&C line into the City), but
they want to go and have a walk and drink by the river.

I could go on, and on, and on, but I won't! There are a gazillion
examples.

(I'm wondering if you've got the wrong end of the stick on this OEP
business?)

All the journeys I've seen before now were based on using the travelcard
season first, so in most cases starting in zone 1. I agree that if you
have a season to go one way and want to make a completely unrelated trip
in the other direction it would make sense.

I was thinking of a commuter making an after-work trip which would likely
bin in zone 1.

I hadn't thought of that sort of journey and agree. If I lived in Putney
and had a season to get to Westminster I could find getting an OEP to get
to Richmond a bit of a pain (though I now know the ticket stop on Putney
Hill near Putney Station quite well).

--
Colin Rosenstiel