Old February 6th 10, 11:03 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default Why did Thameslink by-pass Crystal Palace?

On 6 Feb, 11:28, Alec 1SJ wrote:
Don't get me wrong: I don't want thameslink to come through Crystal
Palace or Gipsy Hill, but I might like some other lines to be extended
and so I wander why now that so many other stations in South London
get thameslink trains stopping, these stations get none?

I'm sure there was a time in the early 1990s when Thameslink switched
between the Crystal Palace route and the Selhurst route towards West
Croydon, all before it took over the Wimbledon loop and stopped going
to West Croydon.