Old February 6th 10, 11:12 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default Why did Thameslink by-pass Crystal Palace?

On 6 Feb, 12:09, Chris Tolley (ukonline
really) wrote:
Alec 1SJ wrote:
Don't get me wrong: I don't want thameslink to come through Crystal
Palace or Gipsy Hill

The last time I was on a Thameslink train, I boarded at East Croydon.
passed through CP & GH, then Tulse Hill, en route to Elephant & Castle,
where SWMBO boarded, and we got off at Luton. It seemed all to be done
in slow motion.
--http://gallery120232.fotopic.net/p9633096.html
(55 002 at London Kings Cross, Sep 1979)

Oh yes, that's the peak route for services to Brighton, which
generally wouldn't be stopping anywhere anyway.

But the "metro" type service, before it took over the Wimbledon loop,
used to include a stopping service to West Croydon, which for a while
went via Crystal Palace and for a while went via Selhurst.