Old February 6th 10, 12:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default London Travelwatch on OEPs

On Sat, 6 Feb 2010, Railist wrote:

My real life example last week: found myself in Barking (had travelled
there from Chingford by bus).

Barking is in Zone 4, at the time I had Zone 1 - 3 travelcard. When I
touched in, on one platform were Westbound District line trains and on
the adjacent platform was a c2c train. So I would need an OEP for one
service bit not the other. I chickened out and jumped on the District
Line...

I hadn't thought about this. So OEPs are required even on interavailable
routes? What was the situation before - could you use PAYG on those? ISTR
thinking that i could use PAYG between King's Cross and Finsbury Park on
the trains; was i wrong?

tom

--
Everything that has transpired has done so according to my design.