Old February 6th 10, 12:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Walter Briscoe Walter Briscoe is offline

Default London Travelwatch on OEPs

In message of Fri, 5 Feb
2010 18:21:45 in uk.transport.london, Paul Corfield
writes
On Fri, 5 Feb 2010 09:22:38 -0800 (PST), Mizter T
wrote:

(I'm wondering if you've got the wrong end of the stick on this OEP
business?)

I could always adapt the quiz that has been used in LUL as a "tester"
for staff to see if they understood all of the various issues relating
to Oyster on NR. It covers a wide range of issues - I did it again
today and still only managed 11 out of 12! I should really have got 12.

Might be fun to see how well people on the group understand the various
concepts.

Paul,
Please, can I or we see it?

What process is used to ensure that staff-testing quizzes are correct
and kept so when conditions change? e.g. Oyster deposits and comparison
with Day Travelcards.

For me, Auto top-up PAYG is very convenient. It avoids the spending
commitment of a Travelcard. However, it is fraught with the risk of
maximum fares on a touching failure. OTOH, it is physically easier to
use than a paper Travelcard. The removal of the £0.50 daily sweetener
means I try to buy a Travelcard for any day when I expect to do more
than 3 underground journeys.

(I HATE the lack (or incoherence) of ticketing information since January
2. London Travelwatch was presented with a fait accompli on the decision
not to publish new editions of Your Guide to Tickets and Fares. There is
no link to Oyster on http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tickets/faresandtickets/2930
..aspx. There ARE links from http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tickets/default.aspx
. AFAIK, TfL took the decision quietly. No press release or other

information. I suspect it was a good cost-saving decision, but the lack
of publicity makes me wonder.)

--
Walter Briscoe