Old February 6th 10, 01:53 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default ELL Stock in Place

On 6 Feb, 13:35, Mizter T wrote:
On Feb 6, 12:30*pm, MIG wrote:

On 23 Jan, 19:58, Arthur Figgis wrote:

On 22/01/2010 02:30, Mizter T wrote:

* (And

West Croydon will be - actually, already is - a LondonOverground
managed station, so there's perhaps a bit more likelihood that they'd
ensure it's a pleasant enough place to wait for, say, eight minutes..)

Well, it has gained a coffee shop in the past year or so, and they even
fixed the leaking roof on platform 4.

Ideally they would give up on it and start again with a new station,
this time providing integration with the tram stop and bus station, some
bogs, step-free access, more seats, etc.

As an aside from this, it has often been commented how useless it can
be to clutter announcements with TOC names, but with LO supposedly
managing the stations, this has been doubled up: "Southern Railway on
behalf of London Overground ..." now preceding announcements (probably
useless anyway, to do with personal possessions).

The main change at Brockley is that the accessible side exit from the
down platform (which has an Oyster pad) is now locked quite early in
the evening, forcing crowds of people to go up the stairs to the
bridge, where they are then trapped as they queue for a single
barrier. *I doubt if it's healthy and safe.

Bah, humbug.

I'm not saying that I'm definitely planning to cancel Christmas over
this, but it is the opposite of what we'd expect from improved
accessibility with LO.

Providing a lift that one or two people can use at a time doesn't
really justify sending a couple of hundred people up the stairs when
they used to use a side gate.