Old February 6th 10, 03:44 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Chris Tolley[_2_] Chris  Tolley[_2_] is offline

Default Why did Thameslink by-pass Crystal Palace?

Mizter T wrote:

On Feb 6, 12:09*pm, Chris Tolley (ukonline
really) wrote:

Alec 1SJ wrote:
Don't get me wrong: I don't want thameslink to come through Crystal
Palace or Gipsy Hill

The last time I was on a Thameslink train, I boarded at East Croydon.
passed through CP & GH, then Tulse Hill, en route to Elephant & Castle,
where SWMBO boarded, and we got off at Luton. It seemed all to be done
in slow motion.

Thameslink services from Brighton are routed that way during the peaks
to avoid London Bridge, which is too crowded.

Quite, but having to cross so many other routes doesn't make it exactly
quick. The train I was on seemed to stand at Tulse Hill for ages.
--
http://gallery120232.fotopic.net/p9633112.html
(58 005 at Bescot, 25 Apr 1999)