Old January 10th 04, 04:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default Fare Dodging Consequences

On 10 Jan 2004 04:15:09 -0800, (Paul Weaver) wrote:

Naughty. Last night, however, I travelled from North Acton (zone 2/3)
to West kensington (zone 2), with a 23456 travel card. No I could have
gone via ealing broadway (would have been faster normally), but there
was no train listed on the westbound platform for 14 minutes. Instead
I went via notting hill/earls court.

If it had been oyster what would have happened?

Absolutely nothing unless caught between NHG and EC while travelling on
the District Line. You could even have exited at NHG as it is in Zone 2
as well as Zone 1.

An interesting variant on the question is what would happen if you
re-entered there and then carried on to West Kensington - my *guess* is
that there would be a debit against Pre-Pay as I expect that would be a
Z12 fare and your card has no Zone 1.
--
Paul C