Old February 7th 10, 01:19 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Why did Thameslink by-pass Crystal Palace?

On Feb 7, 12:01*pm, "Paul Scott"
wrote:

D7666 wrote:
Again this is why I think the existing TL route is and always be a
slow speed metro route thus is better off being a sort of overground
route.

24 TPH yes, attempting to serve most of the south coast and deepest
fenlands no.

If it wasn't for their marked reluctance to amend the future Thameslink
routes shown on the Thameslink programme website, we'd have a much better
picture of KO2. From the various RUSs, (and the Kent and Sussex published
last month are consistent with the earlier South London), attempting to
serve most of the south coast has been to all intents binned, but more
relevant to this thread, there are planned transfers of stopping services to
Thameslink yet to come, such as the 4 tph all stations on the Norwood Jn to
London Bridge route, which will be transferred from Southern. *I believe the
4 tph from Orpington is basically a stopping service as well.

The transfer of that 4 tph Norwood Jn to London Bridge all stations
service is a highly likely part of the plan then?

I must admit I'm less than clear on the outcome of the Thameslink
Programme w.r.t. the eventual service patterns, but I suppose that's
because it hasn't been made clear what's actually going to happen - I
suppose the RUSs are after all recommendations from Network Rail
(albeit strong recommendations), as opposed to statements of intent
from DfT Rail (though of course intent can change... as can
governments).

The question left hanging seems to be what the balancing all stations
service will be on the north side...

Reopen the Dudding Hill line for passenger services... ;-)