Old January 10th 04, 04:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default being let through barriers with an Oyster, a couple of Qs

On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 17:31:50 +0000, Kat
wrote:

In message , Paul Corfield
writes
What happened here is that Pre-Pay deducts a value (£1.60 in Z1 and £1
elsewhere IIRC) upon entry. It then works out whether to deduct any more
money at your eventual exit.

Now I'm confused.
I thought that the reader first determined if there was enough Pre Pay
to allow entry. (£1.60 Zone 1 or £1.00 other zones), then deducted the
maximum fare (which obviously might result in a negative balance) which
was refunded on exit if the fare was less or a negative balance if the
fare was more than the Pre Pay on the ticket.

Oh you might be right - I thought I'd read here that the max fare
deduction on entry had been temporarily suspended. I shall have to
consult the Traffic Circular. Those of you on the front line are far
more likely to be correct than me - I just understand the theory of what
is supposed to happen rather than the detailed set up currently in
place.

To Mr Confused of Greenford - sorry, I'm potentially just as confused as
you. :-(
--
Paul C