Old February 10th 10, 05:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Fig Fig is offline

Default pronounciation - Brondesbury

On Tue, 09 Feb 2010 21:10:03 -0000, Jack Taylor wrote:

Fig wrote:
How do you pronounce Brondesbury?

When I lived nearby in Willesden Green, I always pronounced it
'Brondz-bury' but today heard a LO recorded announcement stating the
train would call at 'Bron-des-bury'

As you do.

BTW, though - it's pronunciation, not pronounciation. ;-)

Thank you. And thank you for correcting my spelling. Trust English to
allow an 'o' to go astray, just because you elongate a word. (Assuming I'm
spelling 'pronounce' correctly. I'm obviously better at talking than
writing ;-)

--
Fig