Old February 10th 10, 11:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london
martin martin is offline

Default Through ticketing from tube to rail

On Feb 8, 1:32*pm, Mizter T wrote:
On Feb 8, 12:57 pm, martin wrote:

Having recently discovered that you can buy through tickets from tube
stations online[1], I have a U123 Londn to Evesham off-peak return
(with Railcard discount) for today[2].
I know that the off-peak restriction applies to the FGW service from
Paddington, but will the ticket be valid for tube connections in the
afternoon peak, ie if I leave home before 1900?

Yes, almost certain the peak restriction only applies to the FGW
element of the journey.

A change of plans meant that I went into town earlier for dinner (and
used my Oyster card), then jumped on the tube later from TCR using my
ticket at around 1930. Perhaps unsurprisingly, it didn't let me
through the barriers, but a friendly CSA did.

My return may take me to Overground territory - can a U123 ticket take
me to Hackney Central[1], or only as far as H&I, where I'd have to
touch in on the yellow readers with the "Do No Use" stickers[2]?

[1] yes, yes, I know it's zone 2
[2] http://www.flickr.com/photos/teflon/4095612338/