Old February 12th 10, 01:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tim Fardell Tim Fardell is offline

Default Oyster Exits at Kings Cross St Pancras not being recorded

On Fri, 12 Feb 2010, Recliner wrote:

"Tim Fardell" wrote in
message

On Fri, 12 Feb 2010, Recliner wrote:

"Tim Fardell" wrote in
message

Twice now I have touched-out at Kings Cross St Pancras station on my
way to St Pancras International train station. On both occasions,
the "Exit" has not been recorded on my Oyster account, and I have
been overcharged.

I know I touched out, because I managed to get through the barriers,
so how come it didn't register?

Another OSI query?

Don't know. My Oyster journey was ending at Kings Cross tube. Onward
journey was via Rail with a traditional paper ticket.

I touched out of the Tube station on Oyster, but did not actually
exit to the outside world.

Ah, OSI shouldn't come into effect, unless your Oyster card was detected
when you entered the rail platform.

How do you know your Tube station exit wasn't picked up? The on-line
Web pages aften have gaps, but ticket machines will show you the full
history. So, even though the history shown online may be incomplete, you
won't necessarily have been overcharged.

Ah-ha! I think you're right - it's just that the 'Exit' events have not
shown up on the Web history. I spoke to the Oyster helpline, and they said
they can see that both journeys were completed correctly and I have not
been overcharged.

He's sending me a full statement to confirm it, but it certainly sounds
like the Web history is just missing the exit events.

At least I now know not to trust the journey history on the web. Thanks
:-)