Old February 12th 10, 06:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Q Q is offline

Default Blind Lamps

"Richard J." wrote in message
om...

The technology might be OK if the resolution is high enough, but in
practice you get crude letter shapes with the letters g,j,p,q,y not
descending properly. If "backward" means retaining the elegant and highly
legible Johnston typeface, I'm all for it.

True - I have no problems with the blinds in Edinburgh for example, the
London yellow on black always tended to fade and look washed out quite quick
after sitting in the sun.

Ours though normally have the backlight off or broken which is fun on Tot Ct
Rd after a night out.

Leeds have LED and I've never had a problem with them either.

The Big Tour company (or someone like that in London) have LED's but they
have a mix of blue & orange/yellow. The blue is awful to read.