Old February 12th 10, 09:43 PM
DennyL DennyL is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David E Newton[_2_] View Post
DennyL wrote:
It has happened to me that I've know the time of the last train but,
when I get to the station in good time, the station seems closed (grids
pulled across entrances). Last week I went to Leicester Square station
at about 12:15 and both the entrances facing each other on Charing
Cross Road were closed. I walked to Piccadilly Circus and the station
entrance near to Eros had its grid pulled to leaving a gap about one
foot wide. I went down to the Piccadilly line Westbound and there were
trains due in 2 and 9 minutes. So my question is: how does one get the
last train? Does one need to know which station entrance has been left
open? Where does one get this information?

If I remember rightly, Cranbourn Street (the one that you're least
likely to remember exists!) is the one that closes last and also if I
remember rightly there are signs somewhere telling you this.

Whether or not the signs are prominently outside all the *other* exits
(as you might hope they would be) I can't remember.
Last week I put the question at a ticket office at Leicester Square. The woman said that the system is to go around all the station entrances to find whichever one has not been closed.