Old February 14th 10, 12:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default "Thousands use Oyster incorrectly on London trains"

On Feb 14, 1:07*pm, martin wrote:

On Feb 12, 5:36*pm, Mizter T wrote:

On Feb 12, 4:51*pm, Paul Terry wrote:

Mizter T wrote:

It might well be helpful if the standalone readers at NR stations (the
ones in stainless steel boxes) had those bright yellow vinyls applied
as is the case at some DLR stations

All of the ones I've seen on SWT have yellow vinyl, like this one at
Fulwell:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/vicchi/4244150750/

No, sorry, that's not what I meant - pretty much all the standalone
readers have the requisite yellow pad, unless someone's ripped it off
(though the yellow is more commonly lacking on gates).

What I was referring to is yellow 'flashes' on the actual stainless
steel box constructions that contain them (which I recall Mr Thant
describing as looking like a school metalworks project!). I've tried
and failed to find a photo to illustrate what I mean, but they are
'decorated' in this manner at some DLR stations, the idea being to
draw passengers' attention towards them.

I presume you mean these:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/teflon/4355538433/

Quite hard to miss, and not as ugly as they could be either.

Yes, that's what I meant.