Old February 15th 10, 10:20 AM posted to uk.transport.london
tim.... tim.... is offline

Default What's the purpose of Oyster?

"Alex Ingram" wrote in message
Paul Cummins wrote:
I've been thinking abot the Oyster card. I can see some of the major
benefits, lack of moving parts, no damage to ticket etc.

But I wonder if the primary reason for Oyster was to prevent dumbelling?

I don't know what you mean by dumbelling

Buying a season ticket for the first two stations and the last two stations
of your journey and not buying a ticket for the middle bit.

Given the zonal aspect of LU fares, I doubt that it is much of a problem on
the underground. It's more "beneficial" for longer journeys on the
overground

tim