Old February 15th 10, 01:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Barry Tom Barry is offline

Default What's the purpose of Oyster?

Paul Corfield wrote:

Sorry but that was not a factor. If it was then one day travelcards
would be available on Oyster cards - they aren't. Also PAYG Oyster
cards (with no season ticket or other discount entitlement) are
transferable anyway. If you wish to give your card to a perfect stranger
then feel free .....

Or not, as the case may be - we regularly swap Oysters between us, say
if my other half has been into town in the morning and I'm going out for
a beer in the evening, the likelihood of hitting the cap and getting
free journeys is a strong Oyster plus-point. It's perfectly legal, of
course, provided the Oyster isn't associated with a Photocard owing to
one of the concessions being on it.

Tom