Old February 15th 10, 03:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Clive Page[_4_] Clive Page[_4_] is offline

Default Super off-peak Travelcard won't operate gates at many stations

In message , Clive Page
writes
Well I've had similar problems with *all* Super Off-peak 1-day
travelcards, which work at all TfL gatelines, but not at many other
"national rail" ones. The regular off-peak travelcards suffer
occasional failures at the odd gate, but work maybe 95% of the time,
and don't fail consistently anywhere.

I just got an admission from South Eastern Trains that they were wrong:
quote

Further to my colleague's email on 12 February, I have been contacted by
our Gateline Compliance Manager regarding the specific problem you've
experienced at our gatelines. You're correct - our gates should be
accepting your ticket and thanks to the further information you've
provided, we have tracked down the problem.

We have looked through the accepted ticket types on the gates at London
Bridge and this Super Off-Peak One Day Travelcard product is not
programmed to be accepted at present. I believe it is a relatively new
product introduced by a different train operator (First Capital Connect)
which has never been picked up for updating our ticket gates.

Our Fares and Ticketing department have now asked that this ticket is
loaded onto all gates within the Travelcard area. This should be
completed in the next 28 days so you will hopefully notice an
improvement on your next journey.
/quote

They are a bit slow off the mark, it seems to me, as these off-peak
Travelcards have been on sale for many months, and now another month to
fix the problem. But it's a first for me to have a train company admit
that they were wrong.

--
Clive Page