Old February 17th 10, 08:47 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Nicholas D. Richards Nicholas D. Richards is offline

Default What's the purpose of Oyster?

In article , tim....
on Mon, 15 Feb 2010 at 11:20:14 awoke
Nicholas from his slumbers and wrote

"Alex Ingram" wrote in message
Paul Cummins wrote:
I've been thinking abot the Oyster card. I can see some of the major
benefits, lack of moving parts, no damage to ticket etc.

But I wonder if the primary reason for Oyster was to prevent dumbelling?

I don't know what you mean by dumbelling

Buying a season ticket for the first two stations and the last two stations
of your journey and not buying a ticket for the middle bit.

Thank god for that. I had dumbelling as being legal, fetishist, wet and
not very nice (well not to my taste).

--
Nicholas David Richards -

"Oł sont les neiges d'antan?"