Old February 18th 10, 08:41 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar2003@boltar.world is offline

Default Two hour Central line shut down during evening rush hour

On Wed, 17 Feb 2010 14:19:42 -0800 (PST)
Mizter T wrote:

Some kind of signalling problem near Liverpool Street area nuked the
service at around 5.30pm. The above story says the whole line was out
of action - a later radio travel report I heard suggested that the
line wasn't running between White City and Leytonstone, maybe the
situation changed over time though. Regardless, most definitely not
the sort of thing that should be happening.

Someone I work with tried to get the central line from Hanger Lane last night
but the station was closed so the problem went further than white city. Seems
the knuckle draggers running the line have forgotten what reversing points are
for else they'd have reveresed trains at marble arch and white city back out
to ealing and ruislip.

Or more likely they just couldn't be arsed. Its much simpler to do nothing
and just let the passengers go f*ck themselves.

B2003