Old February 18th 10, 10:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default NLL resignalling postponed, says Ian Brown of TfL

On Feb 18, 7:20*pm, Arthur Figgis wrote:

On 15/02/2010 17:53, Richard J. wrote:

TfL London Rail are now saying that the resignalling has NOT been
postponed until after the Olympics. It will be done later this year and
in 2011, according to them. I've pointed out the inconsistencies between
that and what Ian Brown said and have asked them to explain further. It
seems to me that it's nonsense to say that the Olympic frequency is
"secured" if Network Rail still have to do the resignalling pre-2012 and
are known to be short of signalling design resources.

On a "talking to a friend of a friend down the pub" level, I've been
told in the past by someone involved that the NR re-signalling has been
going quite horribly wrong and something will have to give sooner or later.