Old February 19th 10, 08:07 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar2003@boltar.world is offline

Default Two hour Central line shut down during evening rush hour

On Thu, 18 Feb 2010 12:49:16 -0800 (PST)
Mizter T wrote:
On Feb 18, 12:44=A0pm, wrote:

On Thu, 18 Feb 2010 11:47:16 GMT

"Richard J." wrote:
Incidents like that used to result in an online apology and explanation

Frequently there even used to be poster apologies put up in stations the
following day. Perhaps the price of paper is too high these days....

I saw poster apologies on display at Central Line stations today -
said something along the lines of there being a power failure to
signalling computer in the Liverpool Street area, which led to a
temporary suspension between Holborn and Leystonestone, and severe
disruption to the rest of the line. It was 'signed off' by Mike Smith,
Central Line General Manager.

Still, why let a little fact like that get in the way of having a go
at them for being so disgracefully inept as to not provide poster
apologies...

Its a bit difficult to see the posters from my car, I only went by what
I've been told. But from what my colleague said the disruption was a lot
more extensive than just the section you mentioned since he ended up walking
to Park Royal and if over 2 hours is "temporary" I'd hate to be using the
line when theres what they consider a severe disruption.

And haven't they ever heard of UPS backups? No , probably not , this is LU
after all.

B2003