Old February 19th 10, 10:44 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Two hour Central line shut down during evening rush hour

On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 11:47:16AM +0000, Richard J. wrote:
David Cantrell wrote on 18 February 2010
No trains at all at White City at 1815, and hordes of people milling
about not knowing what to do. The poor dears obviously didn't think to
wander out of the station and catch a bus.

Well, perhaps they didn't have an encyclopaedic knowledge of bus routes.
So which bus would you have caught to get to Ruislip, then?

I don't care about Ruislip, so don't know.

(And no
cheating by using the Journey Planner!)

It wouldn't be cheating, because I have an iPhone app to look it up for
me, so if I *had* needed to know, then I would have looked it up there
and then. Or, if I were technologically crippled, I would look at the
useful maps and timetables at the bus stop, or ask a member of staff.

And perhaps they thought that a
signal failure at Liverpool Street might possibly not prevent some sort
of service west of White City.

Given that they were being held outside the gateline and the displays
said there was no service at all - no.

--
David Cantrell | Cake Smuggler Extraordinaire

comparative and superlative explained:

Huhn worse, worser, worsest, worsted, wasted