Old February 21st 10, 06:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default Taxi insurance for multiple people?

On Sat, 20 Feb 2010 13:40:37 +0000, Tom Anderson
wrote:

Is there any possible truth to his assertion about insurance, or was this
a barefaced attempt at a scam?

The latter, I'd think. Not unusual in the taxi industry, IMX.

Taxi fares may well include an extra sum for an extra passenger, but
normally this is a small amount, and has nothing whatsoever to do with
insurance - the driver is licenced and insured to carry the number of
people stated on their plate.

That said, there's nothing saying that a minicab firm cannot have a
fares structure that charges the same amount for each passenger, but
I've never come across one. And I've never been asked to specify the
number of passengers when booking one, other than when I asked for a
minibus once.

Neil

--
Neil Williams