Old February 22nd 10, 11:28 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default LM penalty fares scheme: New Oyster Bizarrity

On Mon, 22 Feb 2010 04:07:18 -0800 (PST) someone who may be Mizter T
wrote this:-

The system is complex (although the way it functions is not actually
really that complicated), and I suspect from David's comments that he
doesn't have a full appreciation of how it all fits together

How it all fits together is irrelevant to the logic which, from the
point of view of the passenger, is as I described.

Presumably that is why, in this or another thread, someone has
mentioned how few people jump through the hoops they are supposed to
jump through in order to use this gadget on some trains, but not
others. Some may decide that they are all trying to cheat the
railways out of money, but I imagine that only a small proportion
are trying to do this and most are simply doing what has become
natural for them to do.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh
http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts2000...#pt3-pb3-l1g54