Old February 22nd 10, 12:01 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default LM penalty fares scheme: New Oyster Bizarrity

On Mon, 22 Feb 2010 04:41:51 -0800 (PST) someone who may be Mizter T
wrote this:-

It's not about this being a (notional) requirement for "some trains" -
it's not about any specific trains or routes having a special
requirement, it's about what a passenger who holds a zonal season
ticket (a Travelcard) is supposed to do when they are starting from
somewhere where their season ticket is valid, but then travelling out
of the area covered by that season ticket to a destination that's
nonetheless within the PAYG-area

So, if a passenger has one of these season tickets, say for zones 1
and 2, on their Oyster contraption they are supposed to do something
more than touch it on the yellow gadgets at each end if they get on
the train at say Oxford Circus and get off at say
Harrow-on-the-Hill, if they go via Baker Street? Sounds unlikely to
me.

If I understand it correctly were they to make the same journey via
Marylebone they would need to do something different? Illogical, or
as you say rather daft.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh
http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts2000...#pt3-pb3-l1g54