Old February 22nd 10, 12:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Two hour Central line shut down during evening rush hour

On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 12:18:48PM +0000, d wrote:
On Fri, 19 Feb 2010 11:44:48 +0000
David Cantrell wrote:
It wouldn't be cheating, because I have an iPhone app to look it up for
me, so if I *had* needed to know, then I would have looked it up there
and then. Or, if I were technologically crippled,

You mean if you weren't an "oooh shiny!" fashion victim with more money than
sense?

Similar applications are available for other devices, and the TfL
journey planner is available on all devices with an interwebnet.

useful maps and timetables at the bus stop, or ask a member of staff.

So you think you'll find out how to get from white city to epping by bus
from any of the above given it'll probably involve a minimum of 2 seperate
routes (but more like 3 or 4)?

The aim isn't to go by bus, it's to get there without using the central
line, at least at the beginning of the journey.

FWIW, I'd do:
* some random bus to Shepherds Bush
* train to West Brompton
* tube to somewhere City-ish
* pub until Central line is sorted
* Central line to Epping

If I actually cared about your stupid question, I'd use my phone to look
up something involving a train from Liverpool St.

--
David Cantrell