Old February 22nd 10, 08:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london
E27002 E27002 is offline

Default New motorway opened in Cricklewood

On Feb 22, 1:16*pm, Mizter T wrote:
On Feb 22, 8:48*pm, "David Morgan" wrote:

"Mizter T" wrote in message news:89a438ee-2049-
"LB Ca/\md/\en"
Oh, something I forgot to add in my first long and burbling reply -
I've failed to decipher the above...

speed bumps?

Aha, yes, I see!

A 1960's mock-up of the prospective junction at West Hampstead between
the bottom of the M1 and the unbuilt North Cross Route can be seen on
this webpage (part of a whole set of interesting "histories" about
radical and largely defunct London road plans,
the "Ringways"):http://www.cbrd.co.uk/histories/ring...y1/north.shtml

What a nightmare! The Chalk Farm area is very familier to me. I
spent my late teenage years nearby. It is fine the way it is. I am
so glad the Ringway plan was dropped.