Old February 23rd 10, 12:43 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Sunday Times Utopianism

On Feb 22, 11:34*pm, Offramp wrote:

On 22 Feb, 22:27, MIG wrote:

On 22 Feb, 18:37, Offramp wrote:
People with paper tickets need do
nothing, and people with any non-PAYG Oyster should touch in but will
probably get away with not doing so if checked.

And "get away with" what exactly?

People with period travelcards loaded on Oyster cards should touch in
on all buses. However, if they do not, I imagine that they will get
away with it, ie if checked they will not be penalized.

Given that the signage displayed on bendy buses *only* requests Oyster
PAYG users to touch in, people with Travelcards and Bus Passes loaded
on Oyster who don't touch-in can hardly be taken as doing something
illicit.

The signage of which I speak is very prominently displayed on both
sides of each of the doors (and on each leaf of those doors too). It
features on each and every single bendy bus, and also on the new
single deck buses on the 'Red Arrow' routes 507 and 521 where 'board
though any door' also applies.

No bus RPI I've ever come across has ever had a problem with holders
of Travelcards and Bus Passes loaded on Oyster not touching in on
bendy buses. The passenger might arguably be indirectly doing
themselves a disservice by omitting their journey from the usage stats
that are derived from the Oyster travel data, but that's another
matter.