Old February 25th 10, 05:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Evening parking on Edgware branch

On Feb 25, 3:20 pm, Sam Holloway wrote:
Hi all,
I'm going to a gig at the Camden Roundhouse tomorrow evening and,
ideally, would like to park somewhere further up the Edgware branch of
the Northern Line. Somewhere around Hendon Central would be good, as
I'll be coming down the A1.

I've checked on the TfL website and the car parks aren't big (or are
non-existent) for that area. I know you can park (for free!) at Brent
Cross shopping centre, but I don't know whether I can stay there until
11pm or so.

Does anyone have any other suggestions for that area?

There was a short utl thread about parking in Edgware in August of
last year - one of my posts has links to info about the Broadwalk
Centre's car park, whilst Helen Vecht suggested said car park might be
free in the evenings (annoyingly the website info is silent on any
free periods) - also noteworthy was 'Basil Jet' saying that on-street
parking in Edgware is restricted until 1am - it can be read he

http://groups.google.com/group/uk.tr...fea6a715f4175/

I tried to look at LB Barnet's mapping system to work out what the
parking situation was near Hendon Central,as suggested on their CPZs
webpage (which I checked as some other Boroughs' websites are helpful
in this regard)...

http://www.barnet.gov.uk/index/trans...king-zones.htm

However getting into the mapping system is a bit of a battle - it's IE
only, and then you need to download and install a not-unsubstantial
map viewer, aka an ActiveX helper application by the name of "Autodesk
MapGuide". Having done all that, I'm afraid I struggled to decipher
the mapping system, and failed to work out whether what on-street
parking might be on offer around Hendon Central. By all means, give it
a go yourselves though!
http://maps.barnet.gov.uk/

Brent Cross shopping centre closes at 8pm on weekdays, I'm not sure
what happens about the car park after then but I have my doubts that
it'd be a free for all - likewise I think there are measures to
prevent commuter parking (poss. a 4 hour limit or something), but the
centre's website doesn't go into any detail:
http://www.brentcross.co.uk/visitor-.../getting-here/