Old February 26th 10, 06:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Taxi insurance for multiple people?

On Feb 26, 6:30*pm, Steve Fitzgerald ] wrote:

Mizter T writes

Agreed to some extent, as setting down is so much slower as there is a
financial transaction to perform. Another way of reducing the impact
of this might perhaps be for taxis to accept Oyster PAYG?

Err, see what started this thread - giving shifty minicab drivers the
ability to devour your Oyster PAYG credit probably ain't a winning
idea.

I should get round to offer the counterpoint to the above, if only to
balance things out.

(A somewhat clumsy sentence on my part, but YKWIM).

I'm sure someone will be along shortly to point out that a Taxi driver
isn't a 'shifty minicab driver'.

I wasn't suggesting they would be.

Apples and Oranges innit?

I'm totally aware of the difference (I be a Londoner after all!), and
wasn't confusing them together, though I see that what I wrote may
have successfully confused nonetheless!

I was thinking that the suggestion was perhaps to give both Taxi *and*
minicab drivers the ability to take payment by Oyster PAYG - but
thinking and reading it through again, given 'Basi Jet' and Neil were
discussing stopping on red routes and were in apparent agreement that
minicabs needn't have this right, I suppose Neil was only thinking
about black cabs (proper Taxis, whatever you want to call them).

FWIW I think there is an argument in favour of letting minicabs stop
on red routes (i.e. what is currently allowed), though the best place
for me to put it forward would be in response to Basil Jet's post
upthread.