Old February 28th 10, 05:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default Oyster a real time waster

On Sat, 27 Feb 2010 12:54:59 +0000, Roland Perry
wrote:

Does that figure exclude people with paper season tickets and
outboundary travelcards?

Many of those might well be happy to use Oyster if it were available
to them. Indeed, I can perhaps see a day where Travelcard seasons are
issued in two parts - an Oyster for the 1-6 (or 1-9) bit, and a paper
ticket for the rail bit.

If TfL could get to a point where the magstripe reading parts could be
decommissioned on the barrier lines, they could save a fortune.

Neil

--
Neil Williams