Old February 28th 10, 11:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Michael R N Dolbear Michael R N Dolbear is offline

Default OSI problem auto-corrected

Mizter T wrote

journey is not accurate (IMO). That's not to say the passenger was
doing anything wrong as they were simply following the instructions
for touching-in and out.

I do hope that such problems can be addressed somehow - I dunno how
much flexibility there is to change things, and how much of the
underlying infrastructure w.r.t. the Oyster system is set in stone.

All I will say is that such problems seem rather more likely to occur
to people who are out for a 'joy ride' (or however you want to
describe it). Pretty much everyone I know uses the public transport
system to get from A-to-B - I'm the exception!

But the problem was first reported for a ordinary journey but a "quick
return" (Bow Church and return from Bow Road after picking up a shoe
repair IIRC).

So if there is a legitimate return journey that, on the return, uses a
different set of barriers at say Paddington NR or Liverpool Street NR
or King's Cross St. Pancras (LU) you could generate a fail every time
without being a joy rider provided the timeout occured well after
reentering the system.

Would Cannon Street to King's Cross St. Pancras Met (LU), return by
same route but King's Cross St. Pancras Northern line entrance do ? If
you had to return to Monument due to the closing time of Cannon Street
it would be still less clear that it was two journeys.

--
Mike D