Old March 1st 10, 01:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Cummins[_2_] Paul Cummins[_2_] is offline

Default Taxi insurance for multiple people?

In article , (Mike
Hughes) wrote:

This does seem to be more prevalent
outside London as getting a badge doesn't take 3 years and isn't
valued by the drivers as much.

Funny you say that. I got a Black Cab from Kings Cross to Waterloo a while back. HE
seemed to think that the fastest route was down past Farringdon, onto the
embankment, across Westminster Bridge and double back to Waterloo. The meter went
near £20. He claimed he went this way due to shoppers on Holborn (on a Sunday
evening).

When I told him that the shortest route was something else entirely, and it went no
more than £10 on the meter, he didn't bother asking for my name and address, or a
tip on the two fivers I handed over.

IME, local cabs seem much less likely to take the ****.

--
Paul Cummins - Always a NetHead