Old March 1st 10, 04:09 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default ELL Stock in Place

On 28 Feb, 19:51, "Peter Smyth" wrote:
"Paul Scott" wrote in message

MIG wrote:
On 22 Jan, 09:42, "Paul Scott"
wrote:

Looking at all the evidence so far, the 'battering' of the service
only seems to be off peak. Assuming a reduction of 5 to 4 tph meets
the definition...

It does sound good (although not mentioning connections south) but I
suspect that it is sufficiently out of date not to be worth paying
too
much attention to. *A lot has happened in "a couple of years", not
least the election of a new Mayor, a major recession and some dodgy
deals*. *I don't simply take the word of the local campaigners
either,
who mention the reduction in service to LB (and Charing Cross) and
lack of connections south, but don't mention the ELL, but I recognise
that they have some justification for cynicism.

I guess we'll know soon enough when the timetable comes out.

The timetables for Mon 24th May are starting to creep into the various
journey planners now.
A search for times from Sydenham to New Cross gate on SN's website
produced
these, continuing to either London Bridge (SN) or Dalston Junction
(LO):

Typical Peak Hour:

08:01 *08:11 *LO *starts Crystal Palace
08:06 *08:16 *LO *starts West Croydon
08:09 *08:19 *SN *starts ??? via Norwood Jn
08:14 *08:24 *LO *starts Crystal Palace
08:18 *08:28 *SN *starts Victoria, via Crystal Palace
08:22 *08:32 *LO *starts West Croydon
08:28 *08:38 *SN *starts ??? via Crystal Palace
08:31 *08:41 *LO *starts Crystal Palace
08:36 *08:46 *LO *starts West Croydon
08:39 *08:49 *SN *starts ??? via Norwood Jn
08:44 *08:54 *LO *starts Crystal Palace
08:47 *08:57 *SN *starts ??? via Crystal Palace
08:51 *09:01 *LO *starts West Croydon
08:54 *09:04 *SN *starts Victoria, via Crystal Palace

Typical Off Peak Hour, LO origins alternate as befo

10:01 *10:11 *LO
10:06 *10:16 *LO
10:12 *10:22 *SN *starts ??? via Norwood Jn
10:16 *10:26 *LO
10:21 *10:31 *LO
10:24 *10:34 *SN *starts Victoria, via Crystal Palace
10:31 *10:41 *LO
10:36 *10:46 *LO
10:42 *10:52 *SN *starts ??? via Norwood Jn
10:46 *10:56 *LO
10:51 *11:01 *LO
10:54 *11:04 *SN *starts Victoria, via Crystal Palace

I'm having dificulty pinning down where some of the SN services start
from
unfortunately, maybe they just start at Norwood Jn?

Thought the times so far might be useful in the context of this thread
though...

The off-peak Southern service will be
2tph London Bridge - London Victoria (via Crystal Palace)
2tph London Bridge - Caterham

The current 2tph London Bridge - Sutton is replaced by a combination of
the 4tph LO Dalston Jn - West Croydon and extending the current 2tph
London Victoria - West Croydon (via Crystal Palace) to Sutton.

Peter Smyth

So if you can't get from London Bridge by a short route to West
Croydon any more, how is the connection at Norwood Junction to the
trains from Victoria?

I was imagining London Bridge to Sutton trains moving to the fast
tracks, but that doesn't seem to be what's happening.