Old March 1st 10, 04:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london
John Salmon[_4_] John Salmon[_4_] is offline

Default Intercity seat reservation only - is it possible at E. Croydon?

"Hobbyist" wrote
"John Salmon" wrote:
"Hobbyist" wrote

I have made two trips via Virgin. On the first, I had reserved a seat
via website, but on boarding the train, it had NOT been reserved.
Luckily it wasn't busy that day, and I got an empty seat no problem. On
the second trip, they forgotten to load the food and drink for the
buffet car, so from London, there was nothing available unitl we got to
York and arrangements were made. As the joke goes, the name "Virgin"
should be changed, because it's f*cked! :-)

I wonder whether East Coast know that Virgin are running trains from
London to York?

This must have been early noughties, and I'm sure it was Virgin. And the
only time I reserve a train seat is from London to N/cle - journey is 3
hours plus.

I think you'll find Virgin have never operated London - York. They ran to
York with CrossCountry trains until they lost the franchise.