Old March 1st 10, 06:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Terry[_2_] Paul Terry[_2_] is offline

Default Intercity seat reservation only - is it possible at E. Croydon?

In message
,
Hobbyist writes

This must have been early noughties, and I'm sure it was Virgin. And
the only time I reserve a train seat is from London to N/cle - journey
is 3 hours plus.

After British Rail, the East Coast mainline was run by the Great
Northern division of WAGN (West Anglia and Great Norhern) until 2006,
after which the service has been run by First Capital Connect.

Virgin have never got their sticky paws on the line. Mind you, I must
admit I rather like Virgin - I've lost count of the complimentary
refreshments I've had off them over the years because of delays on the
West Coast mainline.
--
Paul Terry