Old March 1st 10, 08:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Clive Page[_4_] Clive Page[_4_] is offline

Default Oyster a real time waster

In message , David
Cantrell writes
On Sat, Feb 27, 2010 at 12:00:08PM +0000, Clive Page wrote:

So I phoned the Oyster "help" line, which took me another 29 minutes.
I *think* the issue is no resolved, with another refund of around £6.

Does that include a refund for the 29 minutes you spent calling their
scam, errm sorry, "special" rate phone line?

Fortunately I was able to do it on a Saturday when I *think* it is
charged by BT at zero. If when I get my next bill I find something
different, I shall be really annoyed.

By the way, I have now got my journey history by emailed PDF file, but
it took TfL more than the advertised "up to 48 hours". It shows that
the missing gate at one section of London Bridge was the problem, and
that passing through a tube gate at London Bridge a few minutes later
didn't allow the system to work out what I was doing.

I'm more concerned about the fact that when I called at the ticket
office at South Ken the man claimed that he had sorted out my unresolved
journey and given me a credit for it, but actually he had not. That
partly explains why there was ~£6 overcharged by the end of the day.

I arranged to get a refund at King's Cross St.Pancras, and I'm going to
London tomorrow and may well need to use Oyster, only not there, so I
shall not be able to check whether I really get the credit. Such an
unnecessarily restrictive system. I think I understood that if I fail
to collect the credit within 7 days, I can spend another 29 minutes on
the phone trying to get it applied somewhere else. Aren't I lucky.

--
Clive Page